Thornapple Angels – President
Ph. 248.605.2028 Ext. 707
Thornapple Angels is an expansion of CitySide Capital Network and sister organization to Birmingham Angels. The purpose of Thornapple Angels is to become a premier investment group in the West Michigan that is committed to taking angel investing to a new level. Building a network of active, progressive, and innovative investors that are committed to helping turn the Midwest into a powerhouse startup ecosystem.
IN ACCESS CAPITAL
MAXIMUM PER DEAL
Accredited Investor Definition
|Regulated by the SEC||Income of $200k+||Net worth of $1m|
Birmingham Angels members must be an “Accredited Investor” is a term designated and defined by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Under the federal law 501 Regulation – D in the Securities Act of 1933.
THE MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
In order to build a strong organization consisting of progressive investors we have created the following three levels of participation to accommodate investors needs and personal style which includes the following:
LEVEL [ 1 ] – GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
This membership level is designed for passive investors that are interested in investing in a highly qualified and well vetted investment opportunities with no intention or desire for any other involvement and will include:
- Deal Flow Sharing
- Investment Ready Opportunities (Full Due-Diligence)
- Capital Call Management
- Deal Closing Services
- Free Account on Sidepitch with a private Pitchmark ($980 annual value)
LEVEL [ 2 ] – ADVISORY MEMBERSHIP
This membership level is designed for Semi-Active investors that are interested in investing in a highly qualified and well vetted investment opportunities and would like to contribute their time and expertise to support theirs and others investments and will include:
- All of the benefits of level 3 +
- Advisory & Consulting opportunities to startups
- Board or Advisory position availability in startups
- Providing industry & subject matter expertise in startups
- Deal Selection Committee – (Optional)
BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
INVESTMENT PROCESS & MANAGEMENT
Using our exclusive platform, Sidepitch, CitySide will provide the members with a full service backroom support which will include:
- Deal Flow Sourcing – Managing an online deal flow management with visibility and transparency
- Deal Screening – Managing a team of Deal Screeners to ensure the quality and integrity
- Deal Qualifying – Match the deals to the desired sectors and investors preferences and market intelligence
- Due-diligence – An online innovative In-Depth collaborative Due-Diligence process
- Capital Call Management – Generating and managing an online Capital Call Process for transparency and immediate accessibility
- Portfolio Management – Setting and follow up Startup Performance and Execution Tracking
- Investment Governance – Actively managing the investment governance according to the Term Sheet and Pace Investments
- Mentoring, Coaching & Support – Providing Startups with the critical and necessary resources to succeed
- Investors Financial Reporting – Managing the online dashboard reporting for accuracy and timely information
- Annual Portfolio Audit – Provide investors with an online annual portfolio audit
Admin & Ongoing Services
- Legal Management – Help and assist the investors and the startups with legal management
- Tech Lab & Venture Studio – Offer Startups high level senior technology staff to ensure the right architecture and design
- Tax Advising – Assist the investors with the right choices with regard to their investment strategy
- Regulatory Compliance – Ensure that all transactions are regulatory compliant
- Market Intelligence – Provide valuable, timely, and consistent Market data to support the decision making process
- Executive-In-Residence – Throughout our extensive network of experienced business people, corporate executives and high level professionals, we will offer the right people in the right seat.
- Branding & Marketing Support – Through our credible and highly rated vendors and business partners, we will provide a portfolio of companies with the right providers for maximum return.
- Revenue Generation & Sales Channels – Our business partners and extensive network of partners and door openers, we will support our investment with revenue lead generation
- Hardware Engineering & Design – With our core partner Amtech we can provide engineering, design and prototyping services for hardware based companies.
Each Investor will have their personal account on Sidepitch which will give them an online access to all of the group events and activities with complete visibility and transparency. City Side Ventures Startup [ + ] model is a progressive platform of incubation, acceleration and launch all in one.
I understand that Birmingham Angels and City Side Ventures LLC (“CSV”) offers investment advisory and venture management services to qualified venture capital fund, private equity funds and family offices funds ONLY under contract. CSV is operating under the exemption of Section 203(I) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (the “Advisors Act”) pursuant to the final rules promulgated by the SEC1. Birmingham Angels LLC (“BA”) is a Private firm that is in the business of offering a variety of services which includes, but is not limited to, Early Stage Investment, Venture Management and Syndication Management
BA IS NOT A REGISTERED “INVESTMENT ADVISOR” UNDER STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATION. CSV IS NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF OFFERING INVESTMENT ADVICE TO THE PUBLIC, INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS NOR IN THE BUSINESS OF OFFERING, ENGAGED IN ANY ACTIVITIES OF SELLING OR TRADING SECURITIES OF ANY KIND TO THE PUBLIC.
I, the undersigned certify that I am an Accredited Investor and desire Membership in Birmingham Angels as described above. I understand that any decision I make regarding my investment is my decision alone. Birmingham Angels will provide its members with screening, qualifying, and Due-Diligence services. furthermore, I will not hold Birmingham Angels responsible in any way for the outcome of my Investments.
THE ORGANIZATION PURPOSE
Thornapple Angels is an investor membership organization with the intent and design of facilitating the syndication of early-stage investments in startups across high-growth sectors..
Created and managed by CitySide Ventures, we offer investors the use of our unique platform and backroom resources, and the Thornapple Angels will have the ability to integrate and connect with experienced investors throughout Michigan and the United States. This will provide stronger, better-prepared investment opportunities leading to greater syndication of capital being deployed.
Thornapple Angels is a for-profit, Michigan-based membership organization that provides members with highly qualified deals and complete backroom and startup support that is managed by CitySide Ventures, a full-service venture group. We operate as an LLC.