STARTUP PITCHING & MATCHMAKING GUIDELINES
Birmingham Angels Startup Terms & Conditions
In order to ensure that the event will go as well as we would like it to be we have created the following T&C for any startup that is selected to pitch in front of our investors. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
Pitch Event Instructions:
- Please send your most updated pitch deck 48 hours before the event
- Make sure you bring your pitch deck of a memory stick, just in case
- Please send the most recent executive summary 48 hours before the event
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes earlier to arrange any setup you need so it will all be ready on time
- Please bring any demo, marketing materials you think will be needed
- Make sure you have enough business cards to pass around
- You agree to be available for at least two private meetings and/or conference calls with our investors after the event that will be coordinated in advance with our office.
- You agree to allow our investors 30 days to continue evaluating the opportunity and close the investments.
- Birmingham Angels charges a syndication fee for all investments as follows:
- For any total investment greater than $25K and less than $50K the syndication fee will be – $1,200
- For any total investment that is more than $50K the syndication fee will be – $2,400
- The syndication fee will be billed to the company and will be paid within 14 days of receiving the funding.
I understand that Birmingham Angels and City Side Ventures LLC (“CSV”) offers investment advisory and venture management services to qualified venture capital funds, private equity funds and family offices funds ONLY under contract. CSV is operating under the exemption of Section 203(I) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (the “Advisors Act”) pursuant to the final rules promulgated by the SEC1. Birmingham Angels LLC (“BA”) is a Private firm that is in the business of offering a variety of services which includes, but is not limited to, Early Stage Investment, Venture Management, and Syndication Management.
BA IS NOT A REGISTERED “INVESTMENT ADVISOR” UNDER STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATION. CSV IS NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF OFFERING INVESTMENT ADVICE TO THE PUBLIC, INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS NOR IN THE BUSINESS OF OFFERING, ENGAGED IN ANY ACTIVITIES OF SELLING OR TRADING SECURITIES OF ANY KIND TO THE PUBLIC.
I understand that any decision, deal structure, and negotiations I make regarding accepting any investment into my company from Birmingham Angels members is my decision and my decision alone. Birmingham Angels will provide its members with screening, qualifying, and Due-Diligence services. furthermore, I will not hold Birmingham Angels responsible in any way shape or form for the outcome of my relationship with any of the group investors.
THE ORGANIZATION PURPOSE
Birmingham Angels is an angel investor membership organization with the intent and design to facilitate the syndication of tech based early stage investments.
Through the use of our unique platform, and other resources, the Birmingham Angels will have the ability to integrate and connect experienced investors throughout the region. This will provide stronger, better-prepared investment opportunities leading to greater syndication of capital being deployed throughout the state of Michigan.
Birmingham Angels is a for profit Michigan based membership organization that provides its members with highly qualified deals and complete backroom and startup support that is managed by CitySide Ventures, a full service venture group